Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

Ryan made Chicken Piccata, a recipe I had posted on Jan Can Cook a few weeks ago. It was, without a doubt, one of the best chicken dishes I've ever had. For the sauce reduction he used mostly chicken broth with just a splash of white wine.

We had wild rice and peas with it, next time we're going to do baby carrots for more color and fettucine tossed with garlic butter.

If you're a lemon lover, this is the dish for you. It's wonderful, and really easy to make. He sauteed the chicken and kept it warm in the oven while making the sauce, just like the recipe called for. It's a winner, girlfriends...

I had to post a cow pix for you. That darned fence was in my way, though. Next trip I'm gonna climb the fence! Now that should be a Kodak moment!!!

Nisha and I are pretty much like Lucy and Ethel every time we are
together. We didn't have too many mishaps this trip, except for me breaking two bottles of jam, one in front of the fridge, and the replacement jar in the checkout lane at the grocery store. Jeez, I'm such a doofus. Exept for putting hubby's salad in the fridge and turning it upside down on the floor, yep, same spot where I spilled the jam, and driving my car over the curb at Shoe Zoo yesterday, we did pretty good. Well I did squirt my pepperoncini all over her shirt in the restaurant last night when I took a bite. Blushing 2

I'm still not back in my groove yet, I did make a quick page this afternoon for Kylie, Ryan and Lindsay's cute little next door neighbor. She loves Yorkies and thought Maggie was adorable, so I snapped their picture and made this page. Sweet little girl + sweet little dog = sweet little page.

That's it from Heavensville tonight, gang. I'm off to bubble bath and an early bed with a great read.

Hubby is working the next few days, so I'll be on here, scouting out the good stuff for you. Check back...

~ jan

1 comments:

  1. that is an adorable scrap page!i like how maggie is all of a blur in it. you do so much in a day! i so want to have about a gabillion hours in my day so i can do all the things i love... i am a slo-poke by nature.. maybe that's why i thought you might be slow...maybe even slower than me... but alas no luck it sounds like you are a perfectly normally speeded person. except for.... spilling and squirting and driving up curbs... maybe you need to slow down and i need to speed up! we could do a trade!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena