Thursday, March 27, 2008

A long, long time ago....

When I was a little girl in the 50's I had a Terri Lee Doll. Oh my, was she special to me. She had a suitcase full of clothes, and a gorgeous, I thought, face and hair, Mother even sent her to the doll hospital to be rewigged and repainted after she became a bit shopworn... A few weeks ago I was reading the Heavensville Obituaries, ya, I know old people read the obits, anyway, they had a picture of a lady who had died, a very elegant woman and she had been a designer for Terri Lee doll clothes.

So of course this took me on a trip down memory lane. My mother, who never got rid of anything, somehow managed to get rid of Terri Lee. She is worth major money today in the secondary marke, but of course I wouldn't sell her, I just wish I still had her.

My first doll was Amosandra, a little black rubber doll from the Amos 'n Andy show, and she was always my favorite. She deteriorated over the years, her head melted and we put her away in a drawer. By the time I was grown she was completely ruined, but in the 90's dear hubby found one at an antique dealer's house and bought her for me again. I think he had to cough up $75.00 for her, and guess what... yep, she melted, too... I also had Tiny Tears and Betsey Wetsey, oh I was a real doll lover when I was little.

So much for the trip down memory lane, but Here is Terri Lee's website if you want to take a look. She was such a beauty...

1 comments:

  1. lots of reminiscing.... it does bring back memories.. especially the betsy wetsy. i never had one myself but i coveted the one my friend sandra had. i would lay awake at nigh and wish so hard that she was mine...
    xox

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena