Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Townies, I have a piece of Heavensville History….

re

If you grew up in Heavensville, your mother undoubtedly bought your clothes from The Baby Shop.  It was a local institution for years.

It’s been gone since the 80’s, but hubby was at a tag sale last fall and someone was selling these flamingoes.  They were store fixtures from. yep, you guessed it, The Baby Shop…

The two by the waterfall are made of ceramic, the tall one is wooden, and you probably remember them in the store, I know I do.  The wooden one is dirty, and had a broken neck, which LC repaired, we won’t clean it though, it just wouldn’t be right.

So now the ceramic ones are living by the waterfall, and the wooden one is taken to the patio in pretty weather.  I am just thrilled. 

re1Just what I needed,  more geegaws in the garden.  I’m overflowing, but oh, these are just so special.

It’s almost dark now, but the rain has stopped, so I took bad pictures for you, they’re really dark, but if you click on them, you can see more detail.  I’ll take more when the sun shines.

 

butterfly-dog.SMALL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena