Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm such a fan...


I just think Whoopi Goldberg is 'da bomb' - I really do. I always enjoyed her work, but after watching many episodes of her now on The View, I enjoy her maturity, her wit, her intelligence and ability to stay sane and take control of the situation when the rest of the women on the show are acting bat shit crazy.

Myself, among others, are not so much fans of that rude Elisabeth Hasselbeck with her smug little know-it-all smirks , and her inability to see anyone else's opinions other than her own. But Whoopi is able to put Elizabeth gracefully in her place when she starts her babbling, she's a wonder to watch in action...

She's on equal footing with Joy when they good naturedly spar back and forth, she's respectful to Barbara, and interacts well with Sherri, she's just so much fun to watch, I'm actually enjoying morning television because of her....

I've got just a bit of Whoopie trivia for you this rainy Tuesday evening -

She was born in the Chelsea section of Manhattan in 1955 as Caryn Elaine Johnson and Her stage name was taken from "whoopee cushion", which she initially used as her stage name; she stated that "If you get a little gassy, you've got to let it go. So people used to say to me, 'You're like a whoopee cushion.' And that's where the name came from."

I love the fact that, now in her mid 50's, Whoopie beats to her own drummer, and lives life on her own terms. In her jeans and her sneakers, with her trademark dreadlocks and gravelly voice, she is like a breath of fresh air on that show and a delight to watch. She's a jewel, that Whoopi, I enjoy her "Views" thoroughly...

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena