Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jan’s favorite things on the cheap. Day 6

Eyelash curlers, those instruments of torture that we squeeze our eyelashes into in an attempt to make them curl.  Nisha once put both rows of her eyelashes in the contraption when she was a teenager and didn’t know what she was doing.

I went a bit over my $15.00 budget on this one, ladies, it’s $19.00, worth the money, too.  This eyelash curler is from shu uemura, you probably will have to order it online, but it’s a quality curler, unlike some of the cheaper models I’ve had in the past.  And the best trick of all, heat it first with your blow dryer, let it cool a bit so you don’t burn your eyelids, then curl, works much better.

Here’s the quick click to shu uemura’s site.

And now for the mascara.  I’ve tried a ton of them over the years, and always go back to Maybelline.  Even the makeup artists love Maybelline, it’s a great product.

Lancome even came out with a vibrating mascara this year, yep, you heard me right, vibrating. Wonder how that’s going over for them…

For years I used Great Lash, the industry standard in the pink tube, but a couple of years ago I tried their XXL Volume & Length Washable Microfiber Mascara.  It’s a two stepper, first you put on the white fiber building layer, then you top it with the mascara.  It really does fill in and lengthen thin lashes without looking fake.  My color of choice, black/brown.  Works for me.  So does the price, it costs about $5.99.

Tomorrow, yes you really can wax at home, really you can.  If I can do it, so can you and you’ll save major money and free yourself from salon visits….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena