Saturday, May 22, 2010

The honeysuckle is in bloom….

honeysuckle

For a few short weeks beginning mid-May the country air is filled with the  intoxicating smell of wild honeysuckle.

I’ve loved it since I was a child, sitting in the porch swing late evening, just breathing in the honeysuckle that grew profusely on our ditch bank.

And then when the boys were growing up, I remember sitting in the backyard with them, surrounded by wild honeysuckle, watching then play, and once again just breathing in the smell of it.

I’ve always been fortunate to live close to nature and the older I get, the more I enjoy the harmony of it.   It’s a wonderful thing, honeysuckle, and if you haven’t experienced it, you’re missing out on one of life’s simple pleasures.  Just go for a ride in the country some evening with your windows rolled down and breathe.  It’s a beautiful thing.  ~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena