Friday, September 25, 2009

You might want to save this, girlfriends..

My buddy, Carlene, is an awesome cook.  She sent me her recipe for a hot toddy.  If you’re a bit under the weather, this might just fix you right up.  But why wait until you don’t feel good, this would be great anytime – this is one for your recipe files…

~ jan

Here’s what she said in her email this afternoon -

I want to remind you, in case you need it for colds/flu/ H1N1, etc., or just a generally bad (or GOOD) day in Winter, of my Hot Toddy.   It is soooo restorative..... 

Hot Buttered Rum

1-2 tsp. brown sugar
1 Tbs.  good vanilla ice cream
1-2 jiggers of rum
1 tsp. butter
1 cinnamon stick

Mix brown sugar and ice cream in the glass mug, add the rum, fill with hot water...add the cinnamon stick and the pat of butter.

I swear, this works just as well as Mentholatum or Vicks Salve....it's a great inhaler, even if you don't care to drink it.. 

1 comments:

  1. Oh YUM, Jan! I love hot buttered rums! I used to (when I lived where it actually got COLD in the wintertime) make up a batch of the mixture and kept it in the fridge, so I could just scoop some out and add hot water and rum! I'll have to dig that up for you to add to your collection! This one sounds so good with the icecream in it though, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena