Saturday, June 14, 2008

Do you remember???

Miracle Whip Cake... it was one of those World War II recipes when food was rationed. No eggs, no shortening, it's just flour, sugar, water, miracle whip and cocoa. It's amazing, and I hadn't made one in years. Hubby loves them, he took one bite last night and knew instantly what it was. Nisha makes them, she gave me the idea to make it again, when I was trying to do something for dinner last night as Ryan and Lindsay came home for the weekend. Did I mention that it's the easiest cake ever. Goes together really fast, it's foolproof. And if you can not eat it until the next day, it's so much better. Yeah, I know, it's hard to leave it set and not eat it. Good luck with that....

I frosted it with Nisha's recipe for caramel frosting, it was wonderful.

I know, you want the recipe.... Okay, go over to my Jan CAN Cook site, i'll post it there....

1 comments:

  1. jan this is my husbands favorite cake and he gets a whole one for himself on every birthday! i am going to pop over though and have a look see at that frosting. i use a cocoa one and it could be better.... it's good to be home and visiting again :)
    xoxox robin waving!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena