Monday, January 14, 2013

Dinner was a TOTAL disaster!

NewImage
Oh you have no idea how bad this was, it ranked right up there with my jumbo cornburger, one of the most horrible things I've ever made.

I don't know about you, but I have my "go to" meals, things that are quick, fast, simple, and yummy.  One of my favorites is to put frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with a can of cream of chicken soup, and in 3-4 hours I have tender chicken and a flavored gravy like broth that I can just mix cooked noodles into.  And who doesn't like chicken and noodles, it's comfort food on a cold winter day.

So this afternoon we had to run errands, I got out a bag of frozen chicken breasts, put them in the crockpot, but I only had a few, so I asked hubby to get another package, with a butterflied chicken breast in it, out of the freezer to add to them.  He was such a help, he added it to the crockpot for me, added the can of cream of chicken soup and we were out the door.

We come home to dinner simmering in the crockpot, life was good!  WRONG!!!!!!!

I finish dinner, cook the veggies, cook the noodles, add them to the crockpot, and stir it up like I always do.  But wait, something's not right, there is a brown film on one of those breasts.  I'm thinking, ewwwww, it must have been spoiled.  So then I pulled it apart, and it flaked.  IT FLAKED!!!!  Hubby had gotten out a package of mystery fish, thinking it was chicken, and added it to the crock.

Ever the optimist, I'm thinking, maybe it's a nice mild fish, it will be okay, or if not maybe we can just eat the minuscule amount of chicken and the noodles, right????   So I plate dinner, we sit down at the bar to eat, take one bite, and it's like oh no, oh no, oh no, this is wrong on so many levels.

Poor LC, he felt so bad, he got up and made mac and cheese and hot dogs, while I sat and fussed.

I may never feel the same about chicken and noodles again.  And I love chicken and noodles.

Oh dear, what a flop that was!!!!!  I may need some ice cream to recover….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena