Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Time is a River–what a fascinating book…

woman_and_dog_fly_fishing

Last week I read Time is a River, by Mary Alice Monroe.  Oh, was it a great book, about, of all things, a woman fly fisher.

I was so entranced with the book, I realized that I would have loved to have learned fly fishing.  I somehow, can’t see me in waders at this stage of my life, but it was a nice little fantasy.

To be surrounded by water, nature and serenity, gently casting the line, oh yeah, I would have loved it.

So, if you want a great read this summer, this is a real page turner.  I just love books where women retreat to mountain cabins, surrounded by nature, that type of fiction always appeals to me, and this book took it to another level, complete with a resident “spirit.”

Here’s the site, if you want to read the synopsis. I’m a big fan of Ms. Monroe, all of her books have been excellent, especially The Beach House, a favorite summer read of mine from a few years ago…

Here’s a video trailer of the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena