Monday, September 22, 2008

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

I mean really looked into one, the 5X magnifying kind?  Geezy Pete, I took a long hard look this morning, while plucking a chin hair, and first of all, why do we have to have chin hairs in our post-menopausal age?  Is it not bad enough that everything else has gone to hell, and then these stray hairs stare at you in the mirror, and it’s totally horrifying.  We all have them, all of us do, but  nobody  ever talks about them.  It’s kind of like peeing when you sneeze.  Well, except my friends and I all talk about that.  Actually, we talk about chin hairs, too – we’re liberated women in our old(er) age…

I just clicked on my library account, and now they have my file picture right on my online account.  Holy crap, I saw it and it scared the beejus right out of me…  Now why did they have to go and put that picture on there. I know what I look like, I don’t need a visual reminder every time I check my account.  Well that does it, I just won’t check the damn thing anymore. 

And back to that mirror, not only do I  have to look at sags, bags, and wrinkles, now I have to cope with that hair I’m trying to grow out.  So for the next six months it’s gonna look just hideous, while its' growing, and then I will probably hate it and cut it anyway.  I just bought some Pantene Restoratives at WallyWorld, it’s supposed to repair hair damage from the past two years.  Imagine that, all the damage that’s been done in two years.  Do you believe everything advertisers tell you?  Well, usually I’m not a sucker, but that two year thing intrigued me…  Maybe I’ll luck out and have semi-damaged growing out hair…

I was watching the Emmy’s last night, and Candance Bergen was giving an award.  Now I saw a lot of older women, who were skinny, skinny, but Candance has put on the pounds.  I remember both of her parents had weight issues, so I’m sure genetics is rearing it’s ugly head with her, also.  She looked uncomfortable in her jacket and pants, and when she put her hands behind her back, she looked just like the rest of us.  Did she look pretty, of course not, she looked  godawful matronly, just like Moi, here..

Fuller figured women  can do all the makeovers they want,  Spanx it, play up the eyes, the hair, the jewelry, but fat is fat.  And let’s face it, old bodies aren’t pretty, fat or skinny.  Mary Tyler Moore was on the Emmy’s also, nobody cuter, in my book than MTM, who has never weighed much more than a hundred pounds soaking wet.  Well she had on a sleeveless bare dress, and her upper arms were scary.  Now why does she want to expose that jiggling skin?  Is it denial?  I just don’t get it.  She had a great hairdo, her face looked great, the body was wonderful, but she should have covered up those scrawny droopy arms.  So, skinny has problems, too, but she looked fantastic  anyway. Hey I would take skinny and droopy anytime over fat and plumped out wrinkles.  But then Iwas never thin like MTM, not even when I was in grammer school!  It’s all Mother’s fault, too, all those mashed potatoes and gravy and biscuits.  And desserts, we always had dessert in the house, always.   Oh, it was wonderful food, though.  Eeeeeks, just can’t win….

And speaking of fat, well you all know that I’ve banned Oprah this year, but I was clicking thru channels last week, and got a glimpse of her.  Oh my, the Big “O” has exploded.  She has blown up like a balloon at a birthday party.  She’s easy 250+.  I don’t get it, a lot of us, including yours truly, yo-yo diets, but she does it to the extreme.  And she has nutritionists, cooks, trainers,  all the best of the best, and she looks like she’s been hittin’ those mashed potatoes like there is no tomorrow.  She’s just enormous, I was shocked – wow, she really threw caution to the wind this summer and ate whatever she wanted…

Holy schmoly, I’m on a rant.  And it’s all because of that disgusting chin hair!!!  Well, that and eating those darned carrots and cheese at Kuntsfest Saturday, while lucky Vwas scarfing down a pit barbecue sandwich, German potato salad and apple dumplings…  Grrrrrrrrr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena