Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One week post-op…

It’s been seven days now since Maggie’s liver shunt surgery. Every day she’s a bit better. She hasn’t rebounded from this like she did her bladder surgery, two operations in less than two months are a lot for a little dog to handle…

She’s been pretty shaky, weak when she walks, we’ve dealt with nausea, until today she trembled after she ate, even though I warmed her food, in other words, my poor little fur child has been really sick.

Yesterday evening, she barked when hubby came home, that seemed to be her turning point, she ran to meet him, he brought chinese, and she always gets a bit of the fortune cookie, little imp, she sniffs that chinese food out like a bloodhound. Today she’s been more lively, eating well, no more nausea. Of course I watch her like a hawk, analyzing every move she makes, I need to just relax a bit...

I live my life on the 1-10 scale, 10 being highest. When we picked her up she was a 3, when we got her home, still a 3, then she went to a 4, and today I would give her a solid 5, no I think I would give her a 6, so it’s getting better.

Stitches come out next Wednesday, I’m hopefully that she will be feeling pretty frisky by then. BUT, when I take her to get stitches out, I have to leave Mollie for them to spay her and clean her teeth.

Will it ever end????? I sure hope this is our last vet visit for awhile. We all need a break from this, we just want to ride around on Milly, visit with the neighbors, go to our favorite dog friendly stores and enjoy the rest of our summer.

Patience, patience…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena