Monday, July 28, 2008

A couple of Nashville favorites, Fruit Tea and Banana Split Dessert…

IMG_6110

Southern food is just the best, in my opinion, I grew up on fried chicken, fresh shelled crowder peas from the garden, fresh tomatoes, cornbread, home grown everything, and to me it’s total comfort food.

Last week at Johns, I had a couple of things that I want to share with you. The first is this Banana Split Dessert, low calorie version.

We ate at a little restaurant in Franklin called H.R.H. Dumplin’s. It’s a great lunch place, I’ve known about it for years, thanks to my friend, Inez who adores their fruit tea. On their menu was this 150 calorie banana split dessert. I took a picture, does this look like 150 calories to you? It doesn’t to me, it was too good to be true, but whatever the calories, it was amazing. I’m posting the recipe for it on my Eating Right blog if some of you want to try it. It was absoluely amazing, ladies, this has to be the ultimate in comfort food…

And, now about that fruit tea. Fruit tea seems to be a Nashville favorite, I found it in several restaurants. It was a combination of orange juice, pineapple juice and brewed tea. Totally not low calorie, but oh so good. I’m posting a recipe for it on Jan Can Cook. You could substitute Splenda for the sugar to cut out some of the calories. Fruit Tea is so refreshing, it's a must try on a hot day...

Both of these are great summertime treats, hope you make them, think of me, and enjoy them as much as I did last week.

~ jan

1 comments:

  1. I am a southern girl at heart and I love love love tea. The sweeter the better. I haven't ever had fruit tea though. It sounds delicious. I am definitely going to have to try it. I enjoy reading your blog so very much. I hope you are have a grreat day!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena