Monday, May 12, 2008

It was mah-velous, dahlings.....

I had such a nice day yesterday, despite the 65 mile an hour winds in Heavensville. Family was home, I didn't cook all weekend, we laughed and reminisced, and it was over much too soon and they were on their way back to their own lives.

They talked about their Grandma a lot. She's been gone for two years now, and I've gotten to the point that memories of her only tug at my heartstrings at odd moments. It was fun reliving the old stories, laughing about her sassy attitude and her funny quirks. John was remembering how she used to make them homemade pie. John liked butterscotch, Ryan liked chocolate, so she would make the pie crust, built a dam in the middle of the pie with aluminum foil, fill one side with butterscotch and the other with chocolate, then meringue on top. John says that he wants another pie like that soon, we can do that. It made us all smile to think of her...

This morning it's simply gawjus. The storm blew thru, the skies are clear, the air brisk, but..... when I went on the patio one of my tree's was blown to a 45 degree angle, my big flamingo had toppled, tumbling the begonia it was holding onto one of my big hostas, breaking it - broke one of the raised heads in lc's sprinkler system. *sigh* darn it anyway, but hey, I'm grateful that's all it was, no toronado, just wind.

Hubby set everything right again. The tree is straight, the flamingo is once again holding the begonia with it's broken side to the back. The hosta, well, I'm afraid it isn't going to look so good this summer, but Scarlett will figure out something.

I hope you all had a great day yesterday. We're all so lucky to have our families, I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel so blessed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena