Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sometimes you gotta know when to fold 'em...

Back in the day when a lot of you were listening to The Beatles and The Stones, I was listening to The Righteous Brothers. Oh yeah, Ebb Tide, Unchained Melody, Dream On, Rock 'n Roll Heaven, oh I was right there, groovin' to the beat... oh, that sounds so corny now, but that's what we used to say...
You're my soul and my life's inspiration
You're all I've got to get me by
You're my soul and my life's inspiration
Without you baby, what good am I

The years passed, Bobby Hatfield was found in his hotel room in 2003, dead from cocaine, and way past old enough to have known better. This year Bill Medley, now sixty-seven, released a new album, Damn Near Righteous. I ordered it from the library, and today I gave it a "spin."

OMG, that old tomcat should have given it up years ago. It was possively HORRIBLE. His gravely voice sounds more like a wounded polecat these days and he just can't cut it without Bobby. I just can't tell you how awful this cd was. Unlike Willie Nelson, who still has it, IMO, this old guy needs to head to out to Palm Springs to the Rock 'n Roll Retirement Home and give it up... Don't waste your time or money ladies, this one is a bummer...

I guess women aren't the only ones who have trouble with aging, poor ole' feller, he's lost it, too..



0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena