Thursday, March 1, 2007

It's a new month, a new look...

Thumbs up to the talented artists at KB&Friends for the elements I used to construct my header. The goofy looking little leprechaun reminds me of an old nerdy grade school teacher of mine... Oh, he was such a trip, he used to stand in front of class, with his pants belted and hiked up underneath his armpits and would stand there in front of us and daily scratch his nether regions. As you can imagine, he was NOT one of our more popular teachers. Harmon Stein, that was his name, now that's a blast from the past, I haven't thought of that old fart in years! And do you know that our grade school secretary is STILL the grade school secretary at my old school, Booth Elementary. OMG, and I'm fifty-seven years old!!! She is well into her 80's and they say she is still as sharp as a tack! Talk about a TRIP!!! You go, Lois!!!

I've been SO nostalgic lately, ladies... Ever since my gleaning popcorn post, I've thought of all kinds of childhood stories to share, and I will. You will all find it boring, I'm sure, but it's a healthy thing to do - talk about your childhood... I didn't think mine was all that unusual at the time, but when I put pen to paper, I realize that it was far from normal. A single Mother, young daughter, living in the country on a dirt road, heating with a coal stove, no television, no running water, no bathroom. Jeez Louise, I'm beginning to sound like the Waltons! But on a more positive note, the lack of television forced me to read, to listen to classical music, it was actually a gift that has stayed with me thru my life. Well, I also listened to the Grand Ole' Opry, but I have no love for twangy, hillbilly music. Hey, two outta three ain't bad....

G'nite John Boy...

1 comments:

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena