Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another one of those simple things I talk about so often…

shoe

We’ve had nothing but rain this spring in Heavensville. The ground is saturated, the plants are saturated, in other words it’s a muddy mess!

The yard is so muddy the M&M’s have to have their paws wiped every time they traipse thru the grass in search of the perfect spot to potty.

And yours truly has had a helluva time.  Sometimes I need to go in the yard.  My windowbox is the perfect example.  It’s attached to the back of the patio fence, and it’s so muddy behind the patio where I have to walk to access it that I get my shoes filthy. The fleurs needed deadheading,  so I asked hubby to snip for me since he always wears his rubber clogs.  Well snip he did, first cut and he whacked off my biggest dahlia blossom.  I swear that man, who normally has a lot of finesse, is like a bull in a china shop when it comes to fleurs.

I had to do something, I was tired of washing my tennies and didn’t want to resort to puting plastic grocery sacks over my feet like I did last week to avoid the mud, and I was talking about these garden clogs this weekend.  The family thought they wouldn’t work for me, since my prosthetic feet are stationary and the clogs are cushy on the bottoms, but low and behold they work just great!  I tried on a pair in the store, and walked easily in them. So now I have not one, but two pairs of these rubber lovelies uglies, yellow and orange.

It’s such a joy to be able to put them on and muck around in the yard, you have no idea, girlfriends…. Love, love, love those simple things…

1 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Croc club - the lazy man's (and woman's) shoe!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena