Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eating out, what a BUST!!!!

Why is it that if you go to lunch with a man, you pick the restaurant and if the food is bad it’s the end of the world, but, if they pick the restaurant and the food is bad, they won’t admit it for anything…..

I’m eating healthy so we went to Salad World for lunch.  Some guy at work told hubby that they had the best salad in town, so he wanted to try it.

BEST SALAD IN TOWN, OMG, OMG, it was absolutely, positively HORRID!!!

No atmosphere, no comfy booths, a stupid little overpriced menu, the salads all had a badzillion calories in them, so I opted for a plain baked potato with steamed veggies on top.  He got a philly cheesesteak, he didn’t even order a salad!

They had vegetarian chili on the menu, so I asked the waitress, some poor  woman on the wrong side of sixty who, I’m sure, would much rather be home with her feet up on an ottoman watching As The World Turns instead of taking our order, if it was healthy.  She said she didn’t know, it came from a container from GFS (wholesale food distributer).  Egads, why did she tell me that?  Total turn off before we even ordered.  

But order we did, then waited forever for our food and our waitress finally came back to our table and said they had screwed up my potato and put cheese all over it, and they had to “microwave” me another one.  Arughhhhh, why did she have to confirm what I already knew, that the potato was microwaved…  

Hubby declared that his cheesesteak was good.  It looked awful, on an icky dry roll, no grilled onions or peppers, just some shredded beef with a squirt of cheese on that sad looking bun.  And mine, well, it was a microwaved poato with steamed veggies on top.  *sigh*

I had iced tea, he had water – it was  almost $20 for lunch, and it was awful!  But he said didn’t think it was bad.  HE DIDN’T THINK IT WAS BAD???????  FOR TWENTY DOLLARS???? 

We shopped all day, and tonight I had to run back to yet another store, so he said “we’ll just get something out.”  Okay, great, I was tired and didn’t really want to cook, but there isn’t a lot of restaurants to choose from close to our house that aren’t totally calorie laden,  but we do have Long John Silvers, which I’m not a fan of, but they have 350 calorie meals now.   That worked, it was quick, and I ordered the tilipia with rice and steamed veggies.  It sounded good and looked great in the picture on the menu board.  They brought our order and sat it on our table, hubby had this HUGE pile of food on his plate,I looked down at mine and there was a tablespoon of veggies, maybe a couple of tablespoons of rice and a sad little piece of fish.  Apparently you don’t get much for 350 calories.  I looked at his and I’m thinking if mine is grilled and 350 calories, and his is fried and is a huge amount of food, he must have 3500 calories in his dinner!  No wonder America is a fat nation, it’s those damned restaurants! 

So I came home, made myself a bowl of fresh strawberries, topped with a cup of vanilla fat free yogurt, and you know what?  It was the best thing I ate all day. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena