Friday, January 30, 2009

We have electricity!

I was sitting in bed last night reading an ebook on my computer, constantly looking at my  battery life. I was down to 23 minutes before mycomputer, too, went dark, and I looked up and there was a light on in the hall bathroom!  It was about 8:30pm, hubby was already asleep, of course I woke him up, absolutely ecstatic that the lights were on.  I feel so sorry for the thousands who are still without power, my son and his wife included.  News reports say that some homes won’t have power restored until mid February.

You know what the worst part of the outage was for me?  Not the obvious, no computer, television, ability to cook, etc.  It was the quiet.  The total, complete, quiet.  LC was working, the M&M’s and I were home alone, and there was no noise, at all.  It was unnerving, unnatural, surreal. 

It was dark, hubby wasn’t home from work yet, I was sitting in the living room with candles lit, the fireplace was on and I was warm, and Mollie was sleeping quietly by my side in the chair.   Maggie, however was totally befuzzled.  She kept jumping on my chair arm, tilting her little head to one side and making little mewing doggie noises.  It was obvious that she was trying to communicate with me, she was trying to figure out what was going on.  I felt sorry for her, you could tell she just didn’t understand.

We still have 50,000 people without power in Heavensville, they are now asking for volunteers to go door to door and check on people.  I saw on the news last night that Kentucky has 605,000 people without power, Ryan and Lindsay included in those statistics.  I talked with Ryan a few minutes ago.  It was 50 degrees in their house, and he said the novelty has now worn off.  Poor Ry, I told them to get in the car and drive here, but he doesn’t want to leave Versailles, he feels he needs to stay there.

Hopefully, our power will stay on now, and life can get back to normal, whatever that is.  We’re lucky the outage didn’t last for days like some people are experiencing…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena