Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A blast from the past….

V emailed me earlier and was talking about her local Michigan potato chips when she was a child, Be-Mo’s.  I’ve never heard of Be-Mo’s, and told her that when I was a little girl that we had Chesty Potato Chips. They came in big tins, you would open the lid and that greasy smell would just attack your senses!  Oh that pungent smell, I remember it to this day.  They were always layered in the tins in perfection, too,  huge big chips, some of them dark brown around the edges, oh my….

Oh, they were wonderful.  Coupled with that little green bottle of Coca-Cola, or even better, a Pepsi-Cola, taken out of the vending machine, and you had a snack that was AWESOME.

Now Hooterville would say, and I have to agree, that to take it to the next level, you would dip those greasy chips in Prairie Farms Bacon Horseradish Chip Dip.

OMG, nectar of the gods.  Hoot and I still buy bacon horseradish dip, not Prairie Farms anymore, the brand is Helluva.

Helluva?? Yep, that’s the brand.  Helluva name, huh?

And you can teach an old dog new tricks, Jean told me that she loves this dip mixed into her scrambled eggs.  I had never tried it, but oh my, it’s vunderbar…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena