Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Newman, dead of cancer at age 83

We lost a great one today.  What a fine man he was…. 

My favorite Paul Newman Quotes, especially the first one, I heard the hamburger/steak quote years ago, and I’ve always remembered it…

About infidelity: "Why fool around with hamburger when you have steak at home?"


About successful marriage to Joanne: "I never ask my wife about my flaws. Instead I try to get her to ignore them and concentrate on my sense of humor. You don't want any woman to look under the carpet, guys, because there's lots of flaws underneath.

Joanne believes my character in a film we did together, 'Mr. and Mrs. Bridge' comes closest to who I really am. I personally don't think there's one character who comes close . . . but I learned a long time ago not to disagree on things that I don't have a solid opinion about." Later, Newman answered the same question yet again by saying, "I don't know what she puts in my food".

About his Newman's Own: "Once you've seen your face on a bottle of salad dressing, it's hard to take yourself seriously." "The embarrassing thing is that my salad dressing is out-grossing my films." "You can only put away so much stuff in your closet."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena