Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mamma Mia…

mia

It was girl’s night out yesterday, Janet, Aggie and I went to see Mamma Mia, and then to dinner. 

Okay, where do I start.  First of all I’ve always been a Meryl Streep fan.  Several of my friends are turned off of her now because of her political beliefs, but I don’t know enough about that to even comment..  I just think she’s a huge talent, and whether you liked this movie or you didn’t, the woman did a pretty darned good job at singing and dancing, considering that’s not her forte,

She’s my age, and I would KILL to look half as good as she does.  If she’s had work done, its been subtle, her aging process seems pretty much on target for somebody in her late 50’s.  And while she isn’t athletic looking at all, she’s toned and fit, and limber.  She had a great bod for an old gal, I thought.  She probably had in hair extensions, but it looked wonderful, but then I love that bohemian look anyway, so maybe I’m prejudiced.  She looked exactly like I would love to look at this age, and dressed exactly like I would like to also. *huge sigh*

There doesn’t seem to be any middle ground with this movie, you either love it or hate it.  Nisha and Mandi saw it, loved it, Lindsay and Jessica saw it, Linds called me just howling with laughter because she thought it was so bad.

Okay, so it wasn’t so great, in fact it was pretty cheesy.  These women are old now, but so what.  It was entertaining, the tunes brought back good memories, the scenery was fantastic, the ocean the loveliest shade of turquoise, ever.  It was an escape, a 90 minute vacation.  I liked it.  I really did…

And I know, I’m shallow, I go to the movies to see the clothes, the hair, the scenery, not the story line.  It had a lot of what I like, the men, however, not so much.  Pierce Brosnan was not good, he couldn’t sing, the other two male leads, B-O-R-I-N-G.  I’m coming to the conclusion that old women are much more fun than old men.

Favorite scene:  Her daughter, dressed adorably, I might add, in her wedding dress, with fleurs in her hair, riding a donkey up the mountainside to a chapel on a candle lit trail. 

They nailed that scene perfectly…

1 comments:

  1. Meryl Streep is doing a great job on this film.
    And you made me curious about your friends who are turned off of her. Why? She's not very ope about her political believes. She only said that she doen's't like Bush. And I agree with her. I mean, is there still someone who likes Bush?

    Max

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena