Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten....

Hubby wasn't working today, he took me to Panera Bread for lunch. I'm always up for that, it's one of my favorite haunts.

However, I tried their summertime corn chowder, since I'm a huge fan of the corn, and let me tell you girlfriends, do not, I repeat do not ever order this. Blecht. It tasted so vile I couldn't eat it.

Talked to Ry later in the day, he said "Mom, I told you it wasn't any good." Oh yeah, now I remember him saying that.

Yuck!!!

I should have tried their Turkey Chickpea Chili - which I just happen to have a recipe for. Yeah, I know, I should put this on Jan Can Cook, I'm lazy, just pasting it here...

Turkey Chickpea Chili

4 cups water
3 cups or so of leftover turkey meat (light and/or dark)
¼ cup turkey or chicken broth (turkey jelly from pan)

1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 can diced tomatoes w/green chilies
1 can kidney beans (rinsed)
1 small can tomato paste

2 tbs olive oil
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced carrots
½ cup diced celery

3 tbs chili powder
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs modified corn starch (mixed in ¼ cup water)
1 small lime (cut into quarters squeeze into pot and then throw in)
1 tbs lime juice concentrate
2 tbs brown sugar
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp Salt and pepper each or to taste
¼ tsp MSG (optional for meatier taste)

Finger break turkey into small ½ inch pieces and shreads. In a large pot saute onions, carrots, celery in olive oil until onion is transparent. Add water to pot. Combine all ingredients and simmer on low covered 2-4 hours, stir every hour. Makes about 8 bowls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena