Monday, November 9, 2020

Jan's Christmas Favorites 2020

Back in the day I used to publish a Favorites Christmas List.  I haven't done that for a few years but boredom has set in and I really do have some good finds this past year.  I couldn't go out and shop, and I love to research products, so that little Amazon truck has been coming to our house multiple times weekly.  Lots of stocking stuffer ideas here, so many under $10 and except for one item, the rest are under $25.  So here we go...

If you know me personally, you know I'm the self-professed kitchen gadget queen, so naturally I have quite a few kitchen products that are winners this year.

Danish Dough Whisk.  My favorite new gadget,  it quickly mixes cookie dough, batter bread, yeast dough, it's such a workhorse I find myself grabbing this instead of a whisk for so many things.  The handle is beefy, this isn't a wimpy tool, it's just amazing.  It popped up a few months ago in my Facebook timeline, and I was intrigued.  This didn't disappoint, it's a winner.



Meat Chopper - You're browning ground beef, taking a fork or a spatula, trying to break it up, and it can be really difficult if you want it to break in small uniform crumbles.   Well, no more struggling with your burger, this handy dandy little tool makes quick work of a tedious job and breaks up the burger in a flash.  I liked it so much I bought several for the family.



I'm such a fan of America's Test Kitchen, Cooks Illustrate and especially Cooks Country.  Why was I so late to the game with this?  I'm fascinated by their shows and the fact that everything they prepare has a science behind it.  I'm a huge fan of their gadget segment, shocking, huh?  I've been struggling forever with my spatulas, I have several KitchenAid ones and some no-name ones and none of them are that great.  Well, I do like my Paula Deen "Butter Y'All" spatula.  No, it doesn't work well either, but it's funny and at least I smile when the thing is collapsing as I stir something.  And I do have that cute yellow Smiley Face one, but no, it's not any good either.  But back to my crappy spatulas, they bend when you're scraping a bowl, that drives me crazy and they are two pieces, the stem and the handle so food gets caught in the crack or the thing just comes completely apart when you're cleaning it, and then a few months ago I realized I should just go to America's Test Kitchen and see what they like.  Well, this is the winner, I bought it and it's wonderful.  It's stiff so that batter releases smoothly and the end doesn't buckle, it's one piece so no food in the cracks.  It's the best spatula ever!




Lodge Griddle - I've become a biscuit maker thanks to Cooking with Brenda Gantt on Facebook.  She always bakes biscuits on a griddle, so of course I needed one for mine.  Seriously, Jan?  Any excuse for new equipment works for me.  This was a steal for only $14.88 and who doesn't love Lodge Cast Iron.  Now I have my eye on their covered chicken fryer, I'm just hopeless when it comes to kitchen equipment.



Priority Chef Knife Sharpener - Did you know that you cut yourself more with a dull knife than a sharp one. I guess that explains why I've sliced my fingers multiple times over the years.  I read this on the internet, so it must be true, right?   Last summer hubby, who is an avid Amazon junkie as well, and he's always onboard with me buying kitchen equipment because I cook so much, purchased this knife sharpener for me and I love it, it works so well, it's so easy to use, it's fast and so far, no knicked fingers.  It's so so much easier to use than the old fashioned ones, and it has two slots, one is for regular knives, the other for sharpening serrated knives.  Anything to make life simpler at my age is a good thing and it's so inexpensive.





Cuisinart Spatulas Griddle Kit - This one is for the guys in your life who love to BBQ.  These spatulas are extra long, my guys really enjoy that length for flipping burgers on the grill.  It comes with accessories, that wasn't a deal breaker, I was just looking for good quality grill spatulas at a fair price.  We did purchase a new Weber griddle this year that fits on our outdoor grill, that was a big hit as well.




Warmies - I bought these for the grandkids this fall.  They are stuffed animals with bean filled tummies that you warm in the microwave.  They were a huge hit and will be great this winter when it's cold, something for them to cuddle that's warm when they go to bed and comforting if they don't feel well.  I bought a lion for Ben, a lop eared bunny for Lexi and this horse for Abby.



Crayola Inspiration Art Case - This is a great gift, inexpensive, sturdy, it's a nice large size and it comes loaded with art supplies, pencils, markers, crayons and paper so everything stays organized.  



Dog I.D. Tag - I bought this for Maggie nine months ago and it still looks great, not showing wear at all.  I got her the turquoise, a girl needs a little bling in her life and the price is insane, $3.00, free shipping.  It had room for her name, our address and phone number.  You will be surprised at the quality, it's really nice.



Dog Water Bottle - I obsessed over this one, I know, it's a bottle, right?  I ordered a couple, returned them before I found this.  Good features, works well, doesn't leak, easy to use, and it's blue, I know, but hey, color is important.  Did I mention it doesn't leak?  Seriously, it doesn't leak, need I say more...



Beauty Blender - I love beauty blenders for putting on makeup but darn, the original one is so pricey, like $20 for one!  I bought these on Amazon on a whim and they are just as good as the real thing, and you get five of them in pretty colors for $8.99.  Works for me...



E.L.F. Brow Pencil - I'm a big fan of drugstore makeup, for the most part, I think it works as well as the upscale stuff.  I used to pay $20+ for Anastasia Brow Wiz, and that was just crazy expensive for a brow pencil.  This one for E.L.F. is awesome, I buy it in taupe and it costs $2.20 shipped to you.  How's that for a deal.  If even has a spoolie.



Wonder Puffs - I've always loved Buf-Pufs, nothing better for exfoliating your face, but ouch, the price.  One Buf-Puf is $13.49.  I now buy these Wonder Puffs, they're the same thing and a pack of 12 is $6.18.  Unreal..



Reading Glasses - I buy so many of these it's embarrassing.  I lose them constantly, it's just what I do.  These are the ones I'm liking this fall, a friend recommended them and she was right.  They're sturdy, hinged, super cute and this pack of four is super cheap.  And yes, I've lost a couple of pairs already, so it's time to reorder again.  




Frontier Frollies - Okay, so I don't actually have this, it will ship on November 17th.  I'm a huge fan of Ree Drumond, I buy her children's books for the grands, loved her first book, Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, so when she announced she was writing Frontier Follies, Adventures of Marriage and Motherhood in the Middle of Nowhere, I was first in line to order.  



And that's my list if you're still with me.  It's long, but it's all so inexpensive, maybe you can find some goodies on here that you like.  Happy Shopping!

~ Jan






0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena