Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Terri Lee Dolls, they're back!!!

10885573 10204651517680124 3259262431814436770 n

When I was a little girl I had a Terri Lee doll.  It was my very favorite doll, I thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  And my mother who never threw away anything got rid of her!  And I wasn’t alone, my friend Nisha still has her Terri Lee, my cousin Judy’s mother had the entire Family of Terri Lee dolls and a boatload of clothes, and my friend, Barb had one as well.

A few months ago, Barb told me that Terri Lee dolls were on Zulily.  I looked at them, but it was summer, so I didn’t order, and then a couple of weeks ago, she emailed me and told me they had a sale on them.  So I snapped two of these blonde beauties up for Lexi and Abby, and then I also bought the dark haired version in a sailor dress for myself.  

I know, I’m a sentimental old fool, but oh how I loved that doll and mine had dark hair, and looks very similar to the one I bought.

When Abby opened hers, the response was “what does it do, Grammie?”  Oh, how times have changed. 

As you can see above, Miss Lexi opened hers, and was fascinated with the box.

Will they grow to love these dolls?  Only time will tell, but Grammie is absolutely thrilled to have Terri Lee again.

Here’s what she looks like, isn’t she a beauty...

NewImage

 

And below is one from the 50’s, it’s prettier than the reproduction, but this one is good enough for me...

 

NewImage

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena