Sunday, July 1, 2012

Now I understand why old women wear “dusters”

house

If you’re older than dirt like me, you remember dusters.  In fact, on any hot day you can go to Wally World and see old women still wearing something similar.  Dusters, housedresses, they used to be what women wore in the summer.

And now I get it, I really do.   After days of wicked heat, and more to follow, even in an air conditioned house, I don’t want anything touching me.  Now I’m not about to wear a housedress, so I’m living in my nightshirts right now, willing the doorbell not to ring.

And now I’m wondering if all of those old women wear underwear with their “housedresses?”  Ewwwww, what a thought, but I bet a lot of them don’t.

Actually the “dusters” in this picture are pretty cute.  I guess I’m being nostalgic, I think I actually had something similar to this way, way, back in the day when I was just a girl.

They probably sell these things at Sears, and even though it’s so ‘friggin hot I’m miserable, I think I’ll take a pass.  But give me five years and who knows…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena