Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So now that I have a convertible…

I went to Gander Mountain today and perused the selection of Life Is Good Caps.  Now caps and I have a reputation for not liking each other.  My sweet dilly’s, Deanna & Linds look positively adorable in theirs,  but even when I was the age of their tender years, I looked like a dork in a cap.

I’ve tried them on and off since I was a teenager, and it’s always the same, I look like a pinhead.  So what in the world was I thinking at this age, trying on one again!  Now that the neck is gone, I look like a bad version of Paula Deen in her cap. Plus the fact that they make me self conscious and scream “look at me, I’m wearing headgear!”

paula

So what do I do?  Put on the bling?  I have white glasses, I have this same shirt and cutoffs and big earrings and a big purse, I have a Rolex fake Rolex Watch and a Coke Diet Coke, too.  And I can buy those shoes!  But wait!!!!! I read that Paula Deen has recently lost thirty pounds.  Maybe she got her neck back!

That’s it, I’ll diet, and in a few months maybe a cap will look better. But realistically I’ll probably just have turkey waddle that blows in the wind and looks even worse. *huge sigh*

Erna at Convertible Wheel

Or maybe I need to go outside my box, this little lady looks pretty jaunty in her cap/hat.  And she has a round face, but she has a neck and is young.  *another big sigh*

day21b3693661.2585

Or maybe a bucket hat would work better, Doris Day looks good in hers, well what I can see of her does…

gr

Or I could wear a hood, like Grace Kelly.  Oh sure, thing…

Ma_and_Pa_Kettle

Oh get real Jan, I’ll probably end up looking more like Ma Kettle.  But she was a good woman, and such a hoot.  That’s not a bad thing at all, to look like Ma.

If anybody has a suggestion, send them my way. But right it’s a gorgeous day and the top’s down,  I’m going for a drive!!! Rolling on the floor laughing

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena