Sunday, February 21, 2010

Some medical info this morning…

I watched Dr. Rosenthal this morning on FOX.  A couple of interesting things he said that I want to share.

Chamomile tea, a great mood enhancer, and muscle relaxer.  Drink 3 cups a day instead of taking anxiety drugs.

Breast cancer – if you have had breast cancer, take an aspirin a day, it will greatly diminish your chance of getting it again.  If you’ve never had breast cancer, take an aspirin every day, it will reduce your chances of getting it by 50%.

sinusrinse5pkt And, I owe my buddy V’s husband, Rich a big favor for this one.  Hubby has a cold, he’s really congested, can’t sleep, taking all kinds of OTC meds, trying to get “unplugged” and nothing was working.  I remembered Veronica telling me that Rich’s doctor told him to use nasal irrigation, that it works really well to flush out your nasal cavity and reduce congestion.  I remembered the term “neti pot” so I went to Walgreen’s yesterday and picked one up.  I had just pulled in the drive when V called, and I told her what I bought.  Rich was in the background, saying, “no, you bought the wrong thing.”  “A neti pot just flushes it out, but if you buy a NeliMed bottle, it forcefully pushes the saline solution through your nostrils and blasts everything out.”  So I trek back to the drugstore, pick up the NeilMed, hubby comes home at 9pm from work, totally congested and miserable.  He used the NeiMed, all 8 ounces of it, blew his nose a badzillion times, and by the time he went to bed, he was totally clear, slept all night, wasn’t congested this morning either.  He used it again and went off to work. 

I know this is a lot of detailed information, but the point is, this thing is pretty awesome and you might not know about it either.  I always share the good stuff with you, and this is really great!  Oh, one other thing, don’t tip your head backwards, the solution will go down your throat, you just hold your head straight, and the solution goes in one nostril and comes out the other.  Weird, huh…  Quit wrinkling your nose and going, ewwwww, just suck it up, (no pun intended) and do it twice a day!  Hey, if you’re congested, you’re miserable, and this will really help, pinkie swear it will…

  Buy it, totally inexpensive, just $12, put it in your medicine cabinet, and you’ll have it the next time you get a cold.  It comes with a box of the saline solution packets, and you can buy refills of these.  And they tell you to use distilled water with it, pick up a jug of it to store, also.

~ jan

NeilMed

1 comments:

  1. I use the "neti pot" solution all the time. Before I get a sinus infection, after being outside in allergy season, after doing a dusty job-----lots of reasons. I just use a small bottle from the pharmacy and keep a equal mix of salt and soda in my medicine cabinet. 1/4 tsp to this little bottle and fill with warm water, shake to mix, then use. Keeps this allergic girl from lots of misery. I totally recommend this method as well as your NeilMed.
    M

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena