Friday, March 20, 2009

What is it about Twitter?

Let’s talk about Twitter this morning.  Apparently, I’m the only chirper in my group of friends.  I’ve yet to find anybody else that posts their random thoughts.  Wonder why that is? 

I was a Twitterer long before it became tres chic.  It seems like it’s the buzzword this spring.  Turn on your favorite talk show, or news show, local as well as national, and that’s all you hear.  What is it about this silly little application that only lets you post 140 characters that has such broad appeal?  It’s fun, it really is.  It’s like a tiny little peek into someone’s day.  Since my days are mostly uneventful, you would think I would have a difficult time tweeting.  But oh no, motor mouth here always has something stupid to say.

So I’ll go on typing out senseless 140 word entries, like the rest of the world.  But I’m a bit smug about it, I must admit, because for once in my life I was ahead of the pack.  By a long shot, too I might add.  I’ve had Twitter on The Dish several times over the past couple of years.  I would put it in the sidebar, then revamp the site, take it off for awhile, come back to it.  I’m sure I’ll grow tired of it again, you are all most assuredly tired of it already, but for now it’s working.  I’m a part of the Twitter herd, but I am starting to get really weary of people talking about it.  It will be old news soon, the “in” crowd will go onto something else, and who knows what 'I’ll come up with next, no doubt there will be something that will ring my chimes…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena