Thursday, March 5, 2009

Remember when….

We used to wear “things” in our hair.  Cute “things”  like barrettes, and headbands, scarves and scrungies, even fake hairpieces.  Oh, I had a whole drawer full of ‘em. We didn’t look silly, at least we didn’t think we did, we were young and we thought we looked trendy…

Today, however, I wasn’t trying to look trendy, heaven forbid, not at my age, I look stupid with anything in my hair, but I was working on this &*$%@*# computer, and my hair kept falling forward, and so I grabbed one of the dog clippie things and anchored my hair back with it, and promptly forgot I had it on.

Hubby comes home, takes a look at me and says, “why in the hell do you have a dog barrette in your hair?”  Oh, Geezy Pete, I forgot all about it, and long gone are the days when he would have smiled and thought it looked cute,  now he thought it just looked stupid.  And he’s right, of course.  Why do we have to give up so much when we get older because we no longer look good????  It’s just not right!

He could have been more tactful, though, well he could have, darned man anyway!  Men Schmen!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post on "hair things"-----how funny! I read it to mother this morning and we both had a guffaw!

    I love the new look and Hooterville's new photo's are wonderful!!!! Please let her know. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL....I was just thinking the other day when my friend and I were at the fabric store that I would have been in heaven if we'd had such a ginormous selection of ribbon when I was in junior high and high school~ I always wore two ribbons that matched my outfit (and man, did I think I was HOT, haha). I would have gone crazy in the ribbon aisle these days!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena