Saturday, November 15, 2008

Transitioning

Now that Maggie can eat meat again, I'm trying to reintroduce dry dog food into both her and Mollie's diet.  It's not working out so well, they've been used to eating the LD Prescription Diet canned food.  They liked it, and they are turning up their little doggie noses at all my attempts to get them to eat "regular" kibble now.

I have all kinds of samples of exotic sounding dog food from the pricey dog food store, today they're having Surf 'n Turf, which they don't especially like, either.

The lady at the pricey dog food store gave me a package of frozen raw diet to try.  Oh dear, it was raw duck, raw salmon, raw chicken, formed into patties with some kind of mystery veggies.  BLECHT!!!!  It grossed me out so badly, there is no way I could feed it to my little fur kids.

The experts say to let them go hungry, that they will eventually eat.  Well, that's not going to work around here.  I can't stand to see those sweet little faces pleading with me for food, while I force them to get hungry enough to eat something they don't like.  I certainly wouldn't want to do that, so why should I expect them to?

Out of desperation tonight, I tried mixing a spoonful of applesauce with the Surf  'n Turf, Mollie scarfed hers right down, Maggie kind of nibbled at hers, she pretty much just danced around it.

So I'll keep searching, I will find something Maggie likes, it may just take me awhile...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena