Sunday, August 17, 2008

Grilled Salad…

grilled

I’ve told all of you about Ryan’s great grilled salad before, but it’s worth repeating for those of you who are new to the site.

It’s the most wonderful thing, but then I grew up on wilted lettuce, and thought it was the greatest thing, ever. 

Ryan first made it for me a couple of years ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since.  It’s similar to wilted lettuce, because it’s warm, and has a vinaigrette, but that’s where the comparison stops.  Grilled salad has a smoother, more refined taste, great presentation, it’s just amazing.  So easy, too – here’s how you make it…

Take a bunch of romaine lettuce and cut it in half, VERTICALLY.  You cut it lengthwise and leave the core attached so that it holds together on the gril.  Then drizzle it with olive oil, sprinkle on some coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, and put it on a hot grill.  Cook it just until the edges start to char, then turn it and finish it off.

Remove to a cutting board, take out the core, rough shop it in large pieces, put in a bowl, and either drizzle it with some balsamic vinegar, or, as Ry prefers, squeeze fresh lemon juice over it.  Then grate fresh parmesan cheese, reggiano, if you have it, on top and serve.  That’s it, easy, easy, and it’s TO DIE FOR!!!!! Trust me, if you are a vinaigrette lover, you will like this.  It’s so different….

I’m off to give Maggie a bath, I’ll be back later with that doggie jewelry…

Oops, I totally goofed.  Linds cal led to tell me that Ryan doesn’t use balsalmic vinegar, after he takes it off the grill, he tosses it with caesar salad dressing, and squeezes on lemon juice.  Sorry guys, I totally spaced out on that one….  So, if anybody made this today and is thinking, what’s the big deal, it’s cause’ I screwed up the recipe….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena