Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

NewImage


The grandkids are all ready for St. Paddy’s Day, such a cute picture, just had to share.

I’m baking corned beef and cabbage this afternoon, it’s a blustery St. Patrick’s Day in Heavensville.  This isn’t the normal year for sure, March 17th is always my marker, usually the crabapple trees are in bloom, my  neighbor’s Mary Jane Magnolia is starting to pop, but not this year.  

I do have crocus blooming, and my daffy’s are budding.  Temps down to 25 degrees next week, that should nip everything. Grrrrr

Mother would have been planting peas today if she were in her prime.  She always had a big garden and planted her peas on the 17th.  Peas and new potatoes, oh my, what a treat that was.  So wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, Happy St. Patrick’s Day...

NewImage

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena