Monday, June 16, 2014

Paderno Vegetable Slicer, McDonald's Diet Tea and more, some of my favorite things this summer...

NewImageFuze Slenderize Tropical Punch, 10 Calories, 1 Carb, and delicious.  It’s not like Hawaiin Punch, it’s pineapple, apple, mango and has Garcinia Cambodia which will help curb your appetite.  The other Fuze Slenderize flavors have 3 carbs, but Tropical Punch, only one!

NewImage

I had Mickey D’s Diet Tea for the first time yesterday, and all I can say is “oh my.”  I asked hubby three times if he was sure it was Diet, since he went inside to order it.  It’s so good, you would swear it’s fully leaded sweet tea.  I couldn’t find nutritional info online so I called them, it’s 0 calories, 0 carbs.  Works for me...

NewImage

My Paderno Spirelli Slicer just showed up on Williams-Sonoma, how about that.  It’s $39, but you can grab it on Amazon for $26.54, free shipping if you have Prime.  I would’t be surprised if they didn’t change that price ASAP, since it’s the exact same thing and it’s so much pricier on Williams-Sonoma site.  Here’s the link if you’re interested.  This is a great deal, I think I paid $35 or $39 for mine on Amazon months ago.  

And what’s so great about this?  Well, this is actually my third rodeo with these slicers.  I started last year with an OXO Julienne Cutter.  I blogged about it and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread for making my low carb zucchini/squash pasta.  But I took it when we visited John and Deanna and forgot to take it home, so I read about the Spirelli Spiral Slicer, people seemed to like it, so I bought it on Amazon.  I was never a fan of this, it was so hard to use, it was awkward, it wasn’t nearly as good as the little OXO Julienne Cutter and I paid $28 dollars for the darned thing.

But the more I got into low carbing, the more I learned and realized that the Paderno is the one that people prefer.  So then I bought it, and it’s just the most amazing little machine.  It turns out wonderful faux pasta, it’s so easy to use, I’m including a video below of this lady demonstrating it, and she cuts her zucchini mid way down to make short pieces.  If you want to buy something new this summer, this is a great little investment, faux pasta is wonderful.  Good with fresh herbs, pesto, or just butter and garlic.  Hubby and I are huge fans…  This lady explain this well..

 And finally, I have a repeat for you.  This is hands down the best little gadget I’ve bought in years, and you all know that I’m the Gadget Queen.

NewImage

I bought this a few months ago, blogged about it, and have to follow up because It’s changed my life.  Okay, quit rolling your eyes, it has!

For those of you who struggle with jars, the EZ Off Jar Opener is this amazing little piece of equipment that mounts under your upper kitchen cabinet, it’s totally hidden, you can’t see it, and you just give any kind of a jar or bottle a twist counter clockwise and the lid pops right off.  The best part is that you can use both hands to turn something so it never spills.

Here it is on Amazon, just think, you, too can change your life for only $16.95.

~ Jan

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena