Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why do I Tweet???

images

My friend, Nisha, and I had a conversation about Twitter last weekend.  Here’s how it went.

Nisha:  What exactly is Twitter?

Me:  Uh, it’s random thoughts in 140 characters or less that I post.

Nisha:  Why?

Me:  I dunno, because I don’t have a brain, maybe? My Twitter feed is on my blog, in the right sidebar, don’t you look at it?

Nisha:  Uh, no…

Which got me thinking, maybe nobody looks at it.  So why do I post to Twitter a badzillion times a day?  Who the hell knows why I do anything.  I don’t even know why I do it.  I guess I think it, I say it.  Hoof and mouth disease.

But my Twitter feed has been broken.  It wasn’t showing posts.  So Mikey found a new one, it has a scroll bar, you can scroll down and read lots of my Tweets, you can even “load more” of my older Tweets.  When I post pictures it shows up in the feed. You can click on the little icon that says  “Follow @jansdailydish”  to subscribe and follow my Tweets.  You can also click in the little box at the bottom of the Twitter Feed that says “Tweet to @jansdailydish” and respond to one of my Tweets and it will show up, and you will be famous.  Okay, so you won’t be famous, but you might like looking at what you type.  Okay, so you won’t.  But you have to admit, my new Twitter feed has lots of bells and whistles.  I love bells and whistles, did you know that? 

You:  Uh, this is pretty lame.  Why would I want to take the time to follow you or Tweet to you, most of what you have to say is downright stupid. 

Me:  Uh, I know I’m pretty boring, don’t worry about it, it was just a passing thought...

Okay, okay, do you want to know why I really love Twitter?  It’s their little bluebird icon, it’s the cutest thing!  I’m a sucker for a cute bird. 

And yes, that really is my eye staring at you beside my Tweets.  You didn’t ask, you don’t care, I don’t blame you.  I think I saw somebody else do it and thought it was a good idea at the time.  And now it’s a few years later and my eye is more wrinkled and droopy, so I’m not changing it!

That is all…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena