Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Now I’m organizing the dog’s clothes!

Photo1 (10)

I’m in an organizing frenzy.  My closet is finished, jewelry isn’t, I’m struggling with what I’m going to line my drawers with, so now I’m tackling Maggie’s clothes.  I’m going to line a dresser drawer with plastic tubs and put her clothes in the tubs.  Why?  Because, the secret to organization is containment.  How many times have I preached that on here?  And why do I get in huge messes anyway?  Because I have a messy gene, that’s why!  Egads, I would hate to think what everything would look like if I didn’t contain it!

Actually, this is pretty embarrassing.  This little five pound Yorkie has this big pile of clothes and I don’t even let her wear them that much, because the friction of fur against fabric mats her really badly and it’s a pain to untangle.

So why did I just buy her another winter coat?  A cute little red fleece one with white lambs wool around the neck and sleeve openings, oh, it’ so Christmasy and pretty.

I buy her all these clothes because she’s little and cute and looks adorable in everything I put on her, that’s why. Embarrassed smile

And you’re probably thinking, “dog clothes are expensive, why does she spend all that money on clothes for her dog.”  Well, I’m a bargain shopper, and most of her clothes come from Tuesday Morning, because they have great doggie duds for $5.99-$6.99-$7.99.  Cute, cute things and you can’t beat the price.  In fact, last week, they had so many cute styles and somebody had bought all of the size Smalls, there wasn’t a Small in the store.  And, in all fairness, I’ve been doing this for years now, it’s not like I replenish her wardrobe every year. Maggie is six now, I’ve bought her clothes since she was a pup, and a few of the things belonged to Munchie, my first Yorkie, and some of them I bought for sweet Mollie.  I’m trying to justify the pile, can you tell? 

Oh, she does have one drop dead gorgeous pale pink cashmere sweater from Neiman Marcus.  No, I didn’t spend all that money for a dog sweater, but my neighbor, the 94 year old lady with the Pomeranian does, and this was too little for Cha-Cha, so Maggie inherited it.  And every girl needs one dazzling, beautiful item in their closet drawer, right?

Actually it was probably a good thing somebody had bought all of the size Small or the pile would have grown even bigger! They had the cutest little red plaid coat with a corduroy collar and a cream quilted lining, no Small to be had,  so I bought it in an XS, hoping it would work, but it was too little for Mags, so Trish bought it for her London who just weighs 3 lbs.  It looked adorable on her, too.  London has a truckload of clothes, also.  And I hate to think how many Diane’s cutey patootie Miley has.  I’m not the only crazy dog lady, I’m in good company.

And speaking of winter coats, she has a purple one and suede one with a fur hoodie that aren’t in this pile. 

So, now I’m on the hunt for those!  Still going to tell you all about Flip ‘n Fold and post closet pix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena