Tuesday, September 25, 2012

We’ve been to visit the grandkids…

Oh, where do I start.

Well, first an update on Ben, who is 8 weeks old tomorrow. 

photo(26)

He eats, he sleeps, he fusses, he’s a normal little guy.  He makes noises, lots and lots of sounds, he’s a noisy eater, a noisy sleeper, he’s a cutey patootie, and of course, snuggly and adorable.

And now Abby.  Oh my, she cracks us all up, you never know what she’s going to do or say next.  For instance, when they go through the drive-thru for her “hots” (french fries) she has to talk to the person at the window. 

And she has to go to Old McDonalds for her “hots”, and she’s just sure that Donald Duck lives there.  Why?  Who knows, it’s just Abby.  So we’re in the drive-thru at Old McDonald’s, she’s in the back behind her Daddy who’s driving, and here’s how the conversation goes.

Abby: “Roll down my window Daddy, roll down my window!!!” 

Daddy: “Okay, hang on a minute, Abby, I’m trying to order.”

Abby: “Hi lady, I’m Abby.”

Window Lady: “Well, hello Abby, how are you?”

Abby: I’m fine thank you, you got my hots?

Now the window lady was a bit perplexed but she quickly figured out that Abby wanted her french fries.

Window Lady:  “Here you go.”

Abby flashed her a huge smile as we’re driving away she was yelling, “T’anks for the hots, lady.”

This little scenerio is pretty much repeated wherever we go, she stops and talks to people, and if they aren’t too interested in her, she stares them down and smiles until they say something to her. 

She helped make pizza one night, didn’t want to eat it, but she had fun helping.

ap

She sat beside me the other night playing on the iPad, I kid you not, for two and a half hours, she just sat there, playing all the little games, she doesn’t fidget, she doesn’t move around, she just sits there and concentrates on what she’s doing.  I took this picture of her below when we were watching The Lion King, she’s a huge fan, just as my friend Angi’s Sam was at this age. Oh, how can she be this old already.

abs

I have more pictures, these were from my phone, I haven’t opened the memory card on the camera yet.

It’s always fun to visit the family, now time to regroup, but first maybe a nap.  Grammie is tired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena