Saturday, April 16, 2011

I watched the Judds new show on OWN last night…

I have fond memories of the Judds, I loved their music in the 80’s, and still think that Wy has the best set of pipes on the planet.

So, I’ve been anticipating their documentary on OWN TV, and I caught a couple of episodes last night.  Oh my gracious.  Mama Judd is a bonified wackadoo.  The woman is soooo eccentric.  But I haven’t been so entertained since I saw Tanya Tucker in Tuckerville. 

Wynonna, however, is still magnificent, despite that she has her hair dyed Day-Glo orange and is dating a man named Cactus.  I suspect that both of Judd girls have had a “lot” to deal with in their lifetimes.

The highlight of the show, for me, other than seeing where they live, the horses and the dogs, and the beautiful Tennessee countryside, was watching them eat at the Country Boy Restaurant in Lieper’s Fork, Tennessee.  Yours truly is a huge fan of good ole’ boy diners, and hubby and I ate at Country Boy just a few months ago when we were visiting John and Deanna.  It was so good, beans, cornbread, coleslaw, sweet tea, everything this old country girl, loves…

But back to the Judds, there they sat at a table at Country Boy’s, Mama all decked out in an outrageous plaid school boy cap and a jacket that clashed badly, crying.  But drats, I would have rather saw what they were eating than watch them tearing up, but they didn’t show the food…

They made a total of six episodes, will I watch the rest?  Of course, I will.  I still love their music, I always will, and I’m sure my kids think I’m pretty wackadoo myself, don’t yours?  So in a way, I sympathize with Mama Judd, and I have to admit, she’s pretty fascinating, especially when they hook the computer up to her ears in attempt to balance her brain…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena