Saturday, January 29, 2011

What is this obsession with trotting out the girls?

maxine  I may be old(er) but I’m a pretty liberal thinker, however, for the life of me I just don’t “get” why all these under 40 something’s have this compulsion to show as much of their cleavage as is humanly possible. 

Over and over again, all these women are showcasing the girls, and it’s not always pretty, ladies.  I think most of the time it just makes them look desperate.  It’s like they have to flash their boobs to get attention.  And I’m not talking a “little” bit of cleavage, I’m talking about just a wisp of fabric away from totally baring it all.  It’s not an uncommon occurrence these days, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

We just didn’t show cleavage back in the day, we made a conscientious effort not to.  Instead we showcased the legs with high heels, a look that I still makes a woman look amazingly feminine. I love really high heels, they can look so classy with the right outfit. Nobody does stilettos better than Sarah Jessica Parker, she always looks spectacular in them.

But now, in this day of “”anything goes,” it’s the more you can show, the better.   And if they happen to not have “more,” they simply buy implants, and then, coupled with push-up bras, they have these silly looking melons sitting on their chest.  I actually think a little “sag” is better than rock hard “melons that stick straight out.”

I see older women with extremely low cut tops, too with their crepey skin and sagging tata’s,  it certainly is “eye catching” to say the least, oh, and let’s not forget the sleeveless dresses.  What’s that all that about, it’s frickin’ freezing outside, and all these women are going around with sleeveless tops.

What happened to the “rules,” you know, like no white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day, or patent leather in the fall, not the summer.  Maybe people were just smarter back in the day, they didn’t wear sleeveless tops in the winter because it was cold, and they didn’t hang the girls out to dry because it was trashy.

Oh, is my age ever showing.  Me, who bemoans the fact that I can no longer wear ripped jeans, which I like to think is a “cute” not “trashy” look.  I just was never into the cleavage thing, and even if I had arms without an ounce of swing, I still wouldn’t wear sleeveless in the winter.  Just isn’t right, and let’s not even get started on tattoo’s, that’s a whole other rant…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena