Monday, January 17, 2011

What goes around, comes around...

The year was 1975, the month was September.  How do I know? Oh, this is monumental, ladies.  Let's see, the exact date would have been September 23rd.  I had just brought Ryan home from the hospital, and these were my pre-pregnancy jeans.  Yes, these jeans, these exact same jeans, are the ones I had in 1975. complete with the stitching down the front and the hem.

It's monumental because the day after I brought him home, I was actually able to put these on and zip them.  Unreal huh?  I only gained sixteen pounds with that pregnancy, but before you go getting all impressed, you have to remember that I never got back into my pre-pregnancy jeans after I had John and when I got "preggo" with Ry, I knew I had better watch it or I would be "el lardo" after he was born.

And the size on these bad boys - a 12, I was never a skinny minnie, but let me tell you when these jeans fit me three days post delivery, I was soooooo thrilled! And even though I tell myself I still wear size 12 jeans, we all know better.  Yeah, the tag says a 12, but those low rider jeans are very forgiving.  If I had to put on a pair with a high waist, no telling what size I would wear with this thick thru the middle post-menopausal body.  I would probably run screaming from the dressing room, yelling "nooooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" at the top of my lungs.

And now they're popular again.  These are from the Gap, $79 - now if I were Nisha, I would still have my old ones in the closet, but of course mine have been gone for years.

And no, I have no desire to buy them again.  Well, maybe if I lost twenty pounds, just for old times sake. ;o)

1 comments:

  1. Lord Have Mercy! I saw this headline today "High-waisted pants are back" and I about croaked! Please no. No...

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena