Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jan’s Finds of the week…

1It’s Sunday, time for some more of my finds of the week.  I have a couple for you today, the first I can’t take credit for, I owe this one to Linda, Lindsay’s mom, who gave one to Linds. It’s a counter mat and since I have a one bowl sink, I'm always putting a dishtowel on the counter to dry things, but this works so much better.  It’s foam lined, absorbent, cushions your dishes, easy to fold and put away, isn’t bulky like a dish drainer, it's a great product.  They come in grey and beige, and are available at Bed Bath and Beyond.  They’re only $7.99, not a chunka change, it’s a lot of bang for your buck.

And speaking of one bowl sinks, it’s the most wonderful thing I’ve ever owned, this deep one bowl sink.  I remember when I told the guy building our countertops that I was putting one in, he told me that it was a huge mistake for resale value, and I told him that I could care less because I plan on living here until they cart me out of here to the nursing home.  Well, that was eight years ago, now the trend has shifted and a one bowl sinks are really popular.  My guys love mine, both of them wish they had them in their kitchens.  And some of you are probably thinking that if I had a two-bowl sink I wouldn’t have to put this mat on my countertop.  Umhmmm, I hear ya, but if you have never tried them, you don’t know what you’re missing. They’re big and roomy, easy to clean, so much more user friendly than a two bowler, pinkie swear they are…

2

And this is my second find.  Hubby has the big stainless grill on the patio, this huge contraption that men seem to feel the need to own, you know the kind that will grill a dozen burgers, plus twelve ears of corn, plus whatever else you want to throw on it, and every time we grill we have to traipse all the way thru the house out to the patio and fire this big thing up. 

It’s way too big for a couple of burgers, it’s so big it takes forever to heat up, not to mention guzzling the gas.  It’s great for when we have company, but just not for the two of us.

3

Enter the Weber Q120 Gas Grill. We’ve debated on buying one of these since last summer.  It’s cast iron, portable, easy to pick up, put in the car to tailgate with, and you can buy a cart to roll it around on when you’re at home.  LC found a great deal on one of these on eBay last month, we bought a cart for it at Lowe’s, and we’re off to the races.  It’s so easy to roll outside the garage and grill. It’s close to the kitchen, and it heats up really fast since the surface is small.  As you can see from the picture, it’s plenty big enough for 4 burgers and a couple of ears of corn on the side.  It’s a good thing…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena