Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lets talk turkey….

happy-thanksgiving illustration

Well, not turkey, exactly.  It’s all about the dessert for Thanksgiving at our house.  I’ve got a new twist on an old favorite, pecan pie.  Last summer I was watching FoodTV, and different chefs were talking about their favorite desserts.  One of the recipes was for pecan pie from Brigsten’s Restaurant in New Orleans. The difference is roasted ground pecans in the filling and a warm caramel sauce.   I found the recipe online, along with a video and posted it on Jan Can Cook back in July.  I was browsing my site the other day and it popped up, here’s the click if you think you might like to try it this year.

And instead of pumpkin pie, I’m thinking about Susan Branch’s Pumpkin Cheesecake.  She gave me permission to post the recipe in my Christmas Recipes Album last year, and it looks wonderful.  She refers to it often, it’s one of her personal favorites.  Here’s the link to it.

Paula Deen also has a pumpkin cheesecake that’s really popular, so it’s a possibility also.  Here’s that  link.

And finally, here are  some videos from my personal fave, Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa.  They run consecutively, so sit back and let her do her thing.  It’s a good time…

I think this woman is just awesome.  She has it all going on, IMO.  She always seems to me to really enjoy her food, and since I never trust a skinny cook, Ina is my girl…  Here’s the click….

This month has gone so quickly, I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is next week already!  If anybody has anything to add to this thread, please do…

~ jan

2 comments:

  1. I am making a sweet potato pie, only it will be crustless, unless I decide to make it with a ginger snap crumb crust using gluten free ginger snaps. I love pecan pie too, so I am thinking about making a crustless peacn pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is anybody making "Shoo-fly pie"? One of my favorites.

    ~ Nancy Mehegan
    Baby Boomer news & views
    http://www.Vaboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena