Friday, August 7, 2009

Scrub a dub, dub…

abath

Don’t mention the worth “bath” in front of the fur kids.  They both ran for the hills when they realized they were getting one this afternoon.

How do they always know?  I got out the shampoo and the towels, Mollie ran under the dining room table, Mags headed for the bedroom lickedy split.  Once I get them in the sink, they enjoy it.  Well, at least they used to, before I started expressing their anal glands on a regular basis.

Egads, it’s a nasty job, but somebody’s gotta do it.  They probably don’t enjoy me squeezing their butts, so they are hiding from me.  Well, it’s no walk in the park for me either, let me tell you, but at least Mollie isn’t scooting on her rear anymore.

But I do have it perfected, the secret is to get them wet and lathered with shampoo, squeeze and rinse, really fast, and don’t breathe while you’re doing it. 

I know, more info than you ever wanted to know.  Oh, the joys of  a Yorkie mom on a Friday afternoon…

1 comments:

  1. Haha, too funny Jan! Max is the same way; he sees the towel and he tries to discreetly disappear into the bedroom, LOL. I can see him do it too; it's pretty comical. Little Madison is not as bright as Max, so he never sees it coming til he's in the sink and then it's like "this wasn't part of my plan today", LOL. I keep thinking about getting one of those dog wash sprayer things...forget what it's called ..someting bathing system. It makes it go faster supposedly. Speaking of, bathtime is on the agenda today! Luckily, I don't have the anal gland issue! Have you seen that commercial for, I think, some rug cleaner....where the little boy says "Mommy, look, Rover learned a new trick" and the dog's scooting his butt across the carpet? OMG, that's so classic!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena