Friday, February 6, 2009

Birds and trees and gentle breezes…

I’m a nature lover, but days of ice and snow have left me restless, tired of bright white snow and naked trees.   Yesterday I heard a bird singing on the patio, and for just a minute, in my mind it was April, warmth and green, soft winds and the earthy smells of springtime.

It isn’t far off, I keep reminding myself.  Fields of winter wheat will soon start to show color, the pussy willow branches will start to swell,  crocus will be popping thru the ground.  I’m ready now, tired of cold and snow, longing to be outdoors again.  We have 60 degree weather forecasted this weekend in Heavensville, and although it’s just a tease, warmer days aren’t far away….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena