Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm trying really hard to make lemonade today....

You know how sometimes the shit hits the fan, well it not only hit the fan today, it splattered the walls.

First off, and of little importance in the grand scheme of things, I brewed a pot of coffee without putting in the filter? Have you ever done this? If not, trust me it doesn't work, I had coffee and grounds all over the counter, running down the cabinet, it was quite the mess. All this while I was getting ready to take the Mewster Brewster to the vet.

Maggie has reoccurring UTI's, and that coupled with occasional bloody urine led us to believe something was going on in that little abdomen of hers. Sure enough, today she had ultrasound - I watched it, not quite as much fun as pregnancy ultrasound, girlfriends, and sure enough there was this little white bean shaped area in her bladder. She has a bladder stone. She has to have surgery. *sigh* - Dr. Wagner assures me it's pretty routine, no worse than when they spayed her, but naturally I''m upset. But I'm lucky that I found a vet that I'm confident with and that
I feel really cares about Maggie, so we scheduled her surgery for June 10th.

I was bummed all afternoon, decided to go for a ride on Milly - Maggie wasn't cooperating, she didn't want to jump up on the golf cart, I had it in gear, ready to back out of the garage, and when I leaned way over to the right to start to scoop her up my foot shifted from the brake to the gas, I shot backwards just like a friggin bumper car and slammed into the car. Jeez, Louise - just what I needed. Milly now has cracked plastic in the back cargo area, the car has a huge dent in the spoiler, and I was practically in tears. I told hubby on the phone, being married for thirty-seven years does that, you learn to tell them the bad stuff on the phone so they have time to absorb it before they get home. Works for me anyway. He was really sweet about it, he felt sorry for me, he knew I was pretty much at the end of my rope.

So then tonight I'm dusting, I hook my favorite soap dish with the edge of the dustcloth, it crashes to the floor, breaks into smithereens....

See what I mean, oh so many lemons today - it's really hard to make that lemonade... Crying 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena