Tuesday, April 29, 2008

If I only had a brain, what would I do, what would I do???

Flash back to Christmas eve morning, everything is a whirlwind and the phone in this picture, my LG enV, dies. Totally panicked, of course, at the thought of no phone over the holidays, heaven forbid I might miss a call, I have Ryan and Lindsay take me to the Verizon store at the mall, the mall, on Christmas Eve, shows you how desperate I was. Anyhoo, it was under warranty, so they just replaced it, no problem.

Everything was fine, new phone was up and running and I was busy with the holidays, but sometime in January when things settled down I started noticing that when I flipped it open the inside screen was dull and cloudy and it had scratches on the it. It finally dawned on me that they had given me a refurbished phone and it was a dud. It just bugged the heck out of me, but did I call Verizon and complain??? No, of course not, I just procrastinated about it and fumed silently.

I was showing it to Hooterville this week and bitching about it and she told me no way would she accept that, I should call em' up. So it was a bright sunny day on Sunday, I was sitting in the car while she was off taking bird pictures and I thought, this is really wrong, I shouldn't have to deal with this inferior phone even if it is now late April and I've had it since December, I'm going to call them.

I flipped up the phone to look at it so I could tell them exactly what was wrong, I then rubbed my finger over it to make sure I couldn't erase the scratches, and holy moly, it started to bubble up.

I hadn't removed the protective covering... I HADN'T REMOVED THE PROTECTIVE COVERING. O-M-G, if I only had a brain... Of course, when I told Hoot about it, she just howled with laughter, me, not so much... that phone had bugged me for months. Lesson learned, don't procrastinate, Jan, get to the bottom of a problem immediately instead of being Scarlett and dealing with it tomorrow. Arughhhhhhhhhhh... Hitting Head Against Wall

2 comments:

  1. Oh! No! LOL! I feel your anguish! I have also done that... lol! lol! We have all had our brainless moments. I am glad that you did get a new phone and not a refurbished one. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan knows this story but I will repeat it for the "crew," so as to publicly make her feel better :-) Ry bought me a MAC makeup case for Christmas a few years ago and we spent a year in vain trying to keep the MAC sticker on the top as it peeled, in vain, until we finally gave up the ghost and decided it to peel it off and suffer having paid all this money for a case that would have no name. Yep, turns out it was just the protective covering over the logo. What a wasted year :-)

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena