Monday, September 24, 2007

What I've been up to.....



Listening to.....

Reba's new DUETS ALBUM - SO good... I'm not really into country but I've always been a huge Reba fan, and there are some great tunes on here...

Rock on Reba!!!!!



Reading...

Family Secrets was written by one of my favorite authors who consistently puts out good reads, Barba Delinsky.


Dana Clarke has always longed for the stability of home and family— her own childhood was not an easy one. Now she has married a man she adores who is from a prominent New England family, and she is about to give birth to their first child. But what should be the happiest day of her life becomes the day her world falls apart. Her daughter is born beautiful and healthy, but no one can help noticing the African American traits in her appearance.

Dieting...

Focused on healthy eating for the first time in a few years. Really focused. Walking a mile several times a week, eating whole grains, beans, veggies, fruits, soy products, some fish, red meat never, chicken occasionally.

I've lost 25 lbs. since May. John was my motivation when he and Tonia visited Mother's Day. He had lost 20 lbs., looked amazing, and something just clicked for me. I thought if he could do it, then I could do it, also. It's working, I'm wearing clothes I haven't been able to get into for three years now. Going to lose another seven pounds and then reassess to see if I want to lose any more. I've done every fad diet out there, as many of you who are close to me know, but can honestly say that Weight Watchers is the definitive diet that you can live with long term. No more fad diets for me. I'm staying with what's tried and true.

Family Updates...

The family was here two weeks ago and we spent one of those picture perfect afternoons at Burdette Park playing horseshoes.

John and Ryan are both busy with their careers. Ryan (left) and Lindsay are in Lexington, Ky, buying a house. They've been vagabonds for several months now, and are ready to settle in.

John (right) and Tonia are living in Franklin, Tn. and loving it. Mom and Dad are just happy to have everyone in a three hour triangle and enjoy visiting both cities.





Tonia, pictured here with Oreo won't be working for the rest of the year. I think she is enjoying the idea of staying home and spending a lot of time with Oreo, who is a senior citizen now. "O" will be thirteen in November, no doubt visiting McDonald's for her yearly fix of a burger, fries and vanilla shake.






Lindsay is busy traveling with Ryan, and shops a lot for yours truly. I just tell her what I'm looking for, and she somehow finds it. She and Ry have been puppy hunting, they've decided on a pound puppy but so far the perfect little furball has eluded them.

Maybe soon.




LC with me and the M&M's. We're totally besotted with these little dogs in our old age, as you all know. Hubby recovered nicely from bypass surgery last year, and seems to have boundless energy. He's 62 now, still a few years away from retiring, and still going strong.

You all know what I do, as I talk about myself daily. No surprises here. I'm just enjoying life, good health, family, friends and my dogs. It's a good thing....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena