Thursday, May 14, 2015

Fly Fishing...

Time is a River

 

Mia Landan is recovering from breast cancer in a mountain cabin near Asheville, NC, when she discovers the journal of a sensational fly fisher of the 1920s, Kate Watkins. The inspiring words of a woman she never knew finally lure Mia from her shell to connect once more with the world around her. As she learns to fish, she uncovers secrets that span generations--secrets that have the power to change no only her life, but the lives of those in her new community. 

 

 

 

I read this book a couple of years ago and the story absolutely intrigued me, so much so that I put fly fishing on my bucket list.  

Last year, for my birthday, John and Deanna gave me fly fishing lessons in the Smoky Mountains as a gift.  And now it’s about to happen.

I’ve got my gear, got my hat, and I’m going to wade fall in a mountain stream.  I’ll let you know how this all plays out.  Should be interesting ~ Jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena