Sunday, August 10, 2014

Regrets, I've had a few...

Screen shot 2011 02 15 at 10 04 30 AM

The older I get, the more I reflect.  My family has heard over and over how there were two things in life that didn’t happen for me.  I never got a horse and I never lived on the water.  They’re tired of me talking about it, I’m like a broken record, especially about a house on the water.  It wouldn’t have needed to be a big house, just a little lake house, with lots of windows, pine trees and a stone fireplace, but it didn’t happen.  But actually, I do have a few other woulda, coulda, shoulda’s...

I also regret that I never had a Vespa.

Not a new one, an oldie like the one above.  Wouldn’t this have been just fantastic!  Never woulda happened, actually I’m terrified of any kind of motorcycle, but a Vespa is just so awesome!  

Woody station wagons

And poor hubby has heard me dream for years about wanting a Woodie.  Oh yeah, a dark green beauty, I would have loved this.

MTMzNzI0ODA0NzEwODk0XzE

And lately I’ve had thoughts of owning a VF bus from the 50’s.  Not a hippie bus, but a spiffy red one like this.

NewImage 8

But what I really, really would like to have is a Glamper! A retro one like this with a great interior like the one below.

4c6d3e68c09f032cca5ee40d0da66a3a

But none of the above is going to happen.  I would have had a shot at a Glamper if we were younger, but we’re too old now, I’m afraid the thrill would be gone after just a few trips to the wilderness anyway.  We’ve never been campers.

But an (older) girl’s gotta dream, even if the dreams don’t come true.  Age creeps up on you and  you realize there are limitations that weren’t a factor when you were younger.   But  darn, that VW bus would look so cool pulling a glamper and pulling up to that little lake house with the Vespa parked out front and the woodie in the garage!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena