Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

I got up this morning, made this great bulgar salad with dill, chickpeas, cucumbers, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin, lemon juice and evoo, and put in the fridge to chill.  

We had errands to run, hubby wanted to just grab fast food while we were out, so I "grabbed" a plastic container, put in my couscous salad and we were off.  Did it bother me eating it in a fast food joint?  Nah, not in the least.  I took my mixture of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews and raisins for dessert and I was a happy girl.

Photo1 6


So far so good, with this diet.  I'm just loving the food.  It's so different than all the boring, diet food I've eaten for years.  The flavors are fresh, bursting with tastes that my midwestern/southern girl palate isn't used to.  It's a nice change.  Still no meat or fish and I've been doing this since last Tuesday.  I haven't missed it at all.

Here's the click for the recipe...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena